Subject: [APD] re: snail removal

I have found that the Thomas Cichlid has done a great job at eliminating snails in my tank. They are softwater cichlid, very peaceful( get a little testy when guarding eggs) and are doing very well along with cardinal tetras, SAEs etc. ALso very pretty fish. I highly recomend them. Snails were gone after about 4 days.

om: Ramon<mailto:rams at onvol_net>
  To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com<mailto:aquatic-plants at actwin_com>
  Sent: Friday, January 14, 2005 10:13 AM

I agree that puffers are a good means of getting rid of snails. But unless
you are such a purist to have a Dutch aquarium without any fish in it, then
avoid at all costs puffers in the aquarium. Note that tiger loaches are also
quite aggressive and not recommended. Botia Lohachata (marbled or Pakistani
Loach) and the dwarf loaches suggested by Terry should be up to the job
with flying colours.

  As regard to loaches avoid at all costs :   Botia Beauforti and botia
  hymenophysa/ helodes (tiger loach), the former being highly aggressive.

Regards, R. Vella

Message: 7