Re: [APD] RE: Timers

It's the slip mechanisms in the AC -motor power pumps that
tke the beating with repeated on/off cycling. But ramping
up the current can overheat the coils if the rotor doesn't
spin right away. Not the same problem if the pump runs with
a universal motor (although most I've seen have AC motors,
especially if they are submersible, and probably not a
problem with misters.

sh