Re: [APD] Snail control

At 02:27 PM 1/13/2005 -0800, you wrote:
>I have a population explosion of snails in my 30T tank.  I say they are
ramshorns - they are planispiral and reddish in color.  They are very
thin-shelled and crush easily but at the slightest disturbance they drop to
the bottom of the tank where I cannot reach them. Ordinarily they attack
only dead vegetation but are beginning to dames my Echinodorus and
Aponogetons.  Any ideas on pest control?

Puffers eat snaile better than anything else. The figure-8 puffer is
strictly freshwater and isn't
supposed to eat plants. The green spotted one isn't and will. Dwarf puffers
absolutely won't eat
plants but aren't as big and can't eat larger snails.

Aquarium Pharmacuticals "Algae Fix" kills snails (and some algae).

  X   AGAINST HTML MAIL    / http://new.killi.net
 / \  AND POSTINGS        / http://images.aquaria.net