Re: [APD] PMDD recipe -- help please!

Try www.gregwatson.com for all the items needed. BTW, you won't need the Epsom salts if your gH is over about 3°. Putting those pebbles into your substrate could be about as effective in nuking your tank as using Dynamite. And there is no guarantee that they will take 6 months to dissolve. They could all dissolve in a couple of days.

On 1/9/2005 23:04:19, aquatic plants digest (aquatic-plants at actwin_com) wrote:
> I am about to set up a 20g planted tank and need a
> little advice from you fertilizer experts out there. I
> have read about the PMDD and went to a garden store
> today looking for some of the ingredients. I was not
> able to find exactly what I was looking for, but I did
> buy a couple things plus I had a few bottles lying
> around and need advice as to which of the following
> fertilizers I could use and which ones I shouldn't(or
> don't need):
>
> 1)Epsom salts (Mg - 9.8% , S - 12.9% ---> derived from
> MgSO4+7H2O).
>
> 2)Dynamite plant food (18-6-8) --- In the form of
> little 1-2 mm pebbles to be put into substrate) --
> they dissolve over the period of 6 months.
> Total N = 18.0%  (8.6% Ammoniacal Nitrogen, 9.4%
> Nitrate Nitrogen)
> P2O5 = 6.0%
> K2O  = 8.0%
> Mg(water soluble)   = 1.2%
> B    = 0.02%
> Cu   = 0.05%
> Fe(chelated)   = 0.20%
> Mn   = 0.06%
> Mo   = 0.02%
>
> 3)Flourish Excel --- liquid fertilizer that is a
> source of Carbon, as well as breaking Fe(2+) down to
> Fe(3+), which is more easily used by plants.
>
> 4)Liquinox "Bloom" (0-10-10) --
> P2O5(Phosphoric Acid) = 10%

In Heaven We were formed...
In Hell We were trained..