[APD] Re: Aquarium plants Reference book

At 08:25 1/9/2005, "Ramon" <rams at onvol_net> asked:
At this stage of my experience with planted aquaria I am trying to find a
reliable reference book on aquarium plants which apart from a vast list of
plant species it also gives detailed information on the plants themselves. I
have been locally suggested to go for Christel Kassellman 's 'Aquarium Plants'.
Can any one give me some information, personal perspective or criticisms on
this book? Thanking you in advance, Regards, Ramon Vella

The book is expensive ($50 postpaid from me) and a real compendium. If what
you need is a beginner's primer, it is overkill. It is also not the world's easiest
read because the translator was not allowed to make English that read like native
writing.

That said, it is a wonderful book. More complete, up-to-date and accurate than
any other. And it is so good that it will likely become a classic in English as
it has in German. Trying to do it much better is IMNSHO not worth the effort. I
don't think it can be done.

--
Dave Gomberg, San Francisco NE5EE gomberg1 at wcf dot com
http://www.wcf.com/apbook for Kasselmann's "Aquarium Plants" book SPECIAL