[APD] RE: Cat deterrent

Message: 13 Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 19:55:33 -0500 From: "David Grim" <grim1214 at bellsouth_net> Subject: RE: [APD] Cat deterrent To: "Aquatic Plants Mailing List" <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>

(snip)I saw a pad somewhere, Petsmart online perhaps, that was exactly for
what
you are describing.  When they (cats or dogs) step on it, it must lightly
shock them or something.   I don't know if it comes in different sizes or
not.

That might even be fun to watch! :)

Daphne
(snip)Yea, what Daph said, except turned on full strength, hehehe!Dave

Called a scat mat. Check on ThatPetPlace or PetWarehouse. We had to get one just for that reason. My cat was taking drinks out of the fish tank that was open topped. I've never seen a cat jump 6 feet in the air from a standing position before. Funniest thing I've ever seen. :-)

Bailin Shaw
DFW Aquatic Plant Club
New England Aquatic Plant Club