Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 10:08:53 -0800 (GMT-08:00)
From: Thomas  Barr <tcbiii at earthlink_net>
Subject: [APD] Re: algae and Anubias
To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com

Killing algae on your Anubias an easy way.
Take plants out, plant in 1/3 sand, soil, peat.
Place in simple seedling tray with cover, place somewhere moderately warm
and with ambient light or a shop light with 2x 40 watt etc. Plants will
double in size in about 2 months and be entirely algae free. Cost: about
15-25$ for enough grow out space for 100 med size Anubias plants. Smaller
scale versions work as well.

Return to tank once you have the tank well balanced nutrient wise and remove
filler plants and replace with Anubias. Anubias will grow fairly quick if
given good conditions both emergent and submersed.
Does wonders on any algae.

Regards,
Tom Barr