[APD] Re: Aquatic-Plants Digest, Vol 17, Issue 8

>>>James H wrote:

   All of my Plants are dying, i recently lost all my fish due to a
   malfunctioning heater, it just kept getting hotter and hotter, hit
   105F before i noticed, i went and got a new heater but it was too late
   for the fish, lost 5 neons and 1 oto.  <<<<

I read somewhere once that you should use 2 heaters, each rated for an
aquarium of about half the size of your tank, to prevent this sort of
thing if one fails.  I can't tell you if this really works; I live in
Florida and don't use any heaters.

Jim Newville