Re: [APD] Re: Barr method and Iron

Flourish has 0.32% iron.

Tropica Master Grow has iron (chelated) too, a mere 0.07%.

Use the Iron supplements if you still don't have enough
iron when using those trace mixes. Flourish Iron is 1%
iron.

sh

--- Bill Wichers <billw at waveform_net> wrote:

> >Hi,
> >I have a question about the Barr  method concerning Fe
> and traces.
> >Do I understand this  right and all of the tanks Fe
> comes from Flourish and
> >separate Fe doesnât need  to be added?
>
> Flourish itself doesn't contain iron, you need the
> separate "Flourish Iron"
> for that. If you're thinking of Flourite (the substrate
> material), it does
> contain iron, but you still need to dose the water column
> with Flourish
> Iron in most cases. Flourite is great for rooted plants,
> but the floating
> plants (and rooted plants to a lesser extent) need the
> iron in the water
> column too.
>
> >Also what about  something like Seachem Trace should it
> be added or is using
> >Flourish  enough?
>
> Depends what you already have in your water. I have
> pretty good results
> with Flourish and Flourish Iron, along with some "raw"
> supplements of KNO3
> mostly. I use some K2SO4 as well, and some potassium
> phosphate for the
> phosphate part, but only a tiny bit.
>
> >One more thing I  didnât understand - the following is
> from a recent post and
> >I was hoping you  could expand on it a little.
> livestock in a well run
> > tank.
> >NH4 is more useful for a single celled spore, perhaps as
> an activator  for
> >"germination".<<<
> >Thanks,Bill  VanHorn
>
> Sounds like that discussion concerned plants starting
> from seed or possibly
> cultures. I wasn't following that post to know for sure.
>
>       -Bill

=====
--- Christel Kassellman is returning to America! ---
The Northeast Council of Aquarium Societies will feature Christel, author of _Aquarium Plants_, among its speakers at its 30th Annual Convention. It's the longest running consecutive general tropical fish convention in the country and one of the most fun to attend.

March 18-20, 2005
Marriott Hotel, Farmington, CT