[APD] Re: Amano shrimp

S. Hieber" <shieber at yahoo_com> wrote:

> T think you are right but I've heard that Amano Shrimp
> spawns don't survive in fresh water, unlike the cherry red
> shrimp.

Yeah, the cherry shrimp are great for breeding in plant tanks.  I started with four about a year ago, and now I have a small army.  They also seem to be less "hyper" than Amano shrimp:  No zooming around madly after a water change.  Perhaps they are just better adapted to fresh water and can handle changes in chemistry.

Nick
--
Nicholas Plummer
nickplummer at nc_rr.com