Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 18:12:18 -0500
From: "James Purchase" <jppurchase at sympatico_ca>
Subject: [APD] Amano Shrimp
To: <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>

Hi folks,

I have several Amano Shrimp (Caridina japonica) in my big tank (120
gallons). Due to the heavy plant growth, I rarely see them. But earlier this
evening I DID see one and there appeared to be a "mass" of some sort, along
her abdomen. The shrimp seemed to be fanning this "mass" with its swimmerets
and paying it a lot of attention. Am I correct in thinking that this is an
egg mass?

What are the chances of any of the baby shrimp surviving in a tank full of
Rainbowfish? Should I net her out and put her into a tank by herself or just
leave well enough alone?

Thanks,

James Purchase

note NEW email address: jppurchase at sympatico_ca