RE: [APD] Re: CO2 Questions

Nevermind the heckling, Nicholas,

Using a single large external reactor near the sump makes
the same sense as having a single sump for multiple
aquaria.  A single water system has advantages and
disadvantges. One of the advantages is that you can heat,
treat, filter water at one location with a reduced number
of steps. I don't know how many heaters you're using, but
with a central water system, You certainly don't have to
use 30 of them ;-) ; you just jave to have adequate wattage
to heat the volume of water.

Likewise, there's no need to run CO2 tubing to 30 different
tanks if they are all sharing the same water system. There
are reasons why you might *want* to -- e.g., if you want to
maintain diff pH values in some of the tanks -- but if
that's the case, you might not want those tanks on a
central system anyway.

Anyway, but if you're going to run that many aquaria off of
one CO2 tank, you might want to get 20 pound or larger CO2
tank -- filling a large tank often costs less per pound
than filling a smaller one and you'll be using the CO2
faster than most folks.

Scott H.
--- "Wise, Nicholas" <Nicholas_Wise at lgeenergy.com> wrote:

> [...]

=====
--- Christel Kassellman is returning to America! ---
The Northeast Council of Aquarium Societies will feature Christel, author of _Aquarium Plants_, among its speakers at its 30th Annual Convention. It's the longest running consecutive general tropical fish convention in the country and one of the most fun to attend.

March 18-20, 2005
Marriott Hotel, Farmington, CT