[APD] Re: Tetra CO2 Systems

In a message dated 11/23/2004 11:16:49 AM Eastern Standard Time,
aquatic-plants-request at actwin_com writes:
The point where I heard 10-15 mg/L being popularized was when Tetra came out
with those horrible little diving bells and uncontrollable (and
unfill-up-able<g>) little CO2 systems.  My feeling is that they figured
they'd split the difference... 10-15 mg/L was better than none, and it gave
more margin for error before people started killing their fish.  I suspect
this second was a major concern with over stocked, under planted tanks with
too little light, and poorly controlled CO2 delivery systems
I agree about the canister, I was never able to fill mine, but I still use 2
of the little diving bells connected together in one of my 29 gallons, I turn
on the CO2 tank in the morning till they are filled. I kinda like them,
although when the suction cups wear out and you fill them they shoot around the tank
like a rocket.

Gerry Skau
All The World's A Stage, But The Play Is Badly Cast---Oscar Wilde