[APD] Re: Aquatic-Plants Digest, Vol 16, Issue 16

Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 11:06:51 -0800
From: "Thomas Barr" <tcbiii at earthlink_net>
Subject: [APD] RE: Algae spores
To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com

You have to induce the spore to grow, it's mere presence will not induce growth or a bloom.It's going from one environment to another. Add some NH4/urea and light and wait.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Ahh, now I understand why it comes back .......

I kill everything on the sidewalk along the house with bleach. The spores drift in, it rains...
And then Duffus, my mutt, pees on the sidewalk .... instant NH4/Urea spike and it turns green again. ;-)

Bob