Re: [APD] Re: Power Compacts

Thanks, Adrew, this one goes into my files ;-)

sh
--- Andrew McLeod <thefish at theabyssalplain_freeserve.co.uk>
wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 13:31:05 -0800 (PST), S. Hieber
> <shieber at yahoo_com> wrote:
>
> > I've seen lamp sockets presented as water-resistant but
> > never waterproof. Waterproof sockets will be hard to
> find.
> > But some common sense can guide one a long way.
> >
> > If the pins develop any corrosion, then they are
> probably
> > getting too much moisture.
> >
> > Scott H.
>
> Arcadia sell them.
> They sell ballasts with IP64 (water resistant) endcaps
> and IP67 (waterproof) end caps.
> Supposedly (according to the chart below) the IP67
> endcaps are more than sufficient for 'heavy seas &
> streaming water'.
>
> PS I still don't recommend reaching into the tank to
> remove a fallen fluorescent!
>
> The IP code:
> 1st Digit
> Protection from Solid Objects
> 0 No Protection
> 1 Protected against solid objects greater than 50 mm
> 2 Protected against solid objects greater than 12 mm
> 3 Protected against solid objects greater than 2.5 mm
> 4 Protected against solid objects greater than 1.0 mm
> 5 Dust Protected
> 6 Dust Tight
>
> 2nd Digit
> Protection from Moisture
> 0 No Protection
> 1 Protected against vertically dripping water
> 2 Protected against dripping water when tilted up to 15°
> 3 Protected against spraying water @ up to 60° from
> vertical
> 4 Protected against splashing water from all directions
> 5 Protected against water jets
> 6 Protected against heavy seas & streaming water
> 7 Protected against effects of short-term immersion
> 8 Protected against submersion
>
> --
> Andrew McLeod
> thefish at theabyssalplain_freeserve.co.uk
>
> This email was scanned carefully before transmission to
> remove any content, information or relevance.

=====
--- Christel Kassellman is returning to America! ---
The Northeast Council of Aquarium Societies will feature Christel, author of _Aquarium Plants_, among its speakers at its 30th Annual Convention. It's the longest running consecutive general tropical fish convention in the country and one of the most fun to attend.

March 18-20, 2005
Marriott Hotel, Farmington, CT