Re: [APD] Re: Power Compacts

Another reason deposits or etching is not much of an issue
with fluorescents is that many folks change bulbs after a
year or two and you don't get a lot of deposits or etching
in that amount of time. Some of us do use PCs for longer
periods.

So the main thing with open-top tanks, is keep the lights
up high if you can, with a good focusing reflector.

Wright, if your carpet isn't growing, it's just not old
enough. Perhaps yo are replacing the carpet too often for
good growth to get established ;-)

Scott H.