RE: [APD] Re: Power Compacts

Most vendors would only call them water resistant. I'm
pretty sure that they only seal on the tube-end of the
socket -- that's where the compression on the rubber ring
affects a seal. Depending on the material used, the ring
will be more or less resistant to hardening from prolonged
exposure to the heat of the light tube.

You wouldn't want to drop these in water and then reach in
after them. But they work well to keep most of the water
out if you keep the bulbs out of the water and don't fully
enclose them in a hood that collects moisture during the
night.

Scott H.

http://www.bestfish.com/ushop/index.cgi?ID=ETAZ8I&task=show&cat=CLEARANC