Re: [APD] Re: RO/DI setup vs. CO2 setup

Oops, sorry, Tom, I was thinking about K when reading
phosphate. 1-2 ppm seemed a bit lean for K but right on the
money for PO4. Although 1-2 ppm is not far off from what a
few seem to recommend for K. My plants get mad if I don't
give them about ten times that amount.

RE kits, the cheap kits are cheap enough that one can try
them and if they work out okay for you, then stay with
them.

I found it so much easier to get useful (readable &
reliable) results with the LaMotte kits that I don't think
I could ever go back to the cheaper ones. Although, once a
tank is established I rarely ever test.
Some of the cheapers ones discriminate with too broad
ranges for some of our purposes -- reading NO3 in units
that equate to 10ppm or more each, well once you throw in
testing margin of error, that seems rough enough to me that
one might as well not test jsut just judge by your plants
or your dosing scheme. Switching from some of the cheaper
ones to the LaMotte can give one surprising results.

SeaChem is happy medium, imo -- not to pricey but pretty
easy to use and get useful (readable and reliable) results.

regards,
sh