Re: [APD] Re: Potassium Test Kit at Aquarium Landscapes

At 02:22 PM 12/5/2004 -0600, you wrote:
>"Did you see their Cryptocoryne list?"
>
>Yeah, $150 for a plant???

Two possible answers:

1) You don't to orchids do you?

2) Where'd you see that? Most expensive one I saw was C. striolats
(cheap at twirce the price).

>LOL, I'm sure it is worth it, but not to me. My plant selection
>criteria is something like; Buy it, try it, and if it doesn't
>thrive, toss it. In all fairness, AL has some nice reasonably
>priced plants too, I was just struck by the price of this one
>crypt, a species I've never had much luck with, so that would be
>an expensive 'toss'.
>
>After doing some more searching in the archives, I see that this
>kit has been around a while. As has the discussion of the impact
>of high K+ (if any). After getting the lights down to 2 WPG and N
>and P in line with relatively low dosing, it just seems that the
>dosing level suggested by Chuck Gadd's calculator has me putting
>in a lot more K2SO4 in relation to everything else.

Uh yeah. I omit it. As Tom points out as long as you're adding kno3
regularly your plants won't be K-limited.

--

  X   AGAINST HTML MAIL    / http://new.killi.net
 / \  AND POSTINGS        / http://images.aquaria.net