Re: [APD] Re:my caution statement

Your statement was just fine. Entirely appropriate thing to
say.

Some mail lists have taken to sending such statements on a
regular basis because the users of list keep changing over
time and it's a useful thing to keep in everyone's mind.

Who knows why someone might think this or that is funny?
Most folks don't know much about the law suits; if were in
that group, then you had lots of company. [Redacted]

I hope you don't go off the list because some folks took
some things diff than others.  Every now and then, things
get a little bumpy on APD, but on the whole it's a tame and
well-behaved group. And lots of folks benfit from it -- but
only insofar as folks participate.

sh
--- REDRAGON40 at aol_com wrote:

> I am sorry that my cautionary statement was considered
> funny by some, and, by
> the way ,one of the people who said that it was funny
> hasn't responded to my
> private e-mail as to just why he/she got such a laugh
> over a statement offered
> to help someone avoid a potentially costly or
> embarrassing situation. I
> really would like to know why.  Yes it is true that some
> of the more experienced
> [Redacted], but
> people need to realize
> [Redacted].  I have been
> in the hobby a long time, and it is only because I know
> [Redacted]. I am
> reminded of something that
> happened recently.  A member of my family complained
> about my warnings while
> driving several times with a surly sounding "I already
> knew that" or "you don't
> need to tell me that".  So from then on I kept my mouth
> shut, and only a few
> days later, when I thought he was too close to a high
> curb to turn, I didn't
> say anything, and he ripped up the quarter panel of his
> car.  Guess what he said
> - "Why didn't you warn me?" I feel it is better to be on
> the safe side when
> it comes to knowing about hazards.  It seems better to
> risk being warned twice
> than risk not being warned at all.  I guess I will just
> lurk for awhile .

=====
--- Christel Kassellman is returning to America! ---
The Northeast Council of Aquarium Societies will feature Christel, author of _Aquarium Plants_, among its speakers at its 30th Annual Convention. It's the longest running consecutive general tropical fish convention in the country and one of the most fun to attend.

March 18-20, 2005
Marriott Hotel, Farmington, CT