[APD] RE: Actinics and other things to darken (or lighten)

I have used actinic power compact lamps over planted tanks in the past, and
those lights gave the tank and plants such an unnatural looking hue that I
took them off after just a couple days. That type of light is unnatural in a
planted tank. In a reef aquarium, great, but in a planted tank it makes the
plants look butt ugly, IMO. I'll never use them again.

A blue LED moon light after lights out gave me the same reaction as using
actinics/daylight bulbs in the daytime. Great for a reef, but just wrong for
a plant tank.

Dave