Re: [APD] Neritina natalensis Snails

Message: 6
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 14:09:34 -0500
From: "John T. Fitch" <JTFitch at fitchfamily_com>
Subject: [APD] Neritina natalensis Snails
To: "Aquatic Plant Digest" <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>

>"During Oliver Knott's presentation at the AGA convention in Washington, he
>mentioned using a South African snail, Neritina natalensis, for cleaning up
>algae, particularly on rocks.  In Germany, they're called Rennschnecken. I
>believe he also said that Clown loaches cannot get at them, because the
>snails maintain such a strong grip on the surface beneath them.

Hi there John

I am from South Africa and have access to these snails. If you can't find any where you are let me know and I'll gladly post you some. A word of caution though, these snails are HIGHLY PROFILIC and in no time your tank looks like a hoar snails handbag...heads up :)

Kind Regards
Cameron James