Re: [APD] Re: Heat exchanger - was aluminum in the aquarium

Yes. I looked too. I have case fans that turn that slowly
but only the faster ones move that much air. Found a few
fans rated about 20+ db at about 40cfm but that's still
over ten times the noise energy compared to the Silenx
rating.

sh
--- Tom Wood <tomwood2 at flash_net> wrote:

> "Can you find out how the measurement was made?"
>
> I don't see that on their site. It is quiet though. It's
> in a bedroom with a
> PC that's left on, and the PC fans cover this one up, so
> maybe I'm just used
> to it.
>
> One other thing I had to do was thoroughly isolate the
> airflow from the tank
> itself to avoid pulling warm air off the tank. The tank
> is fully enclosed
> except for the front pane, so I have this fan pointed
> straight up at the top
> of the cabinet, which is about eye level. (The tank sits
> up high.) The
> cabinet includes a storage compartment to one side, and
> that is where the
> air intake is located, with the fan on top of that and a
> forced flow through
> the radiator in between.
>
> TW

=====
--- Christel Kassellman is returning to America! ---
The Northeast Council of Aquarium Societies will feature Christel, author of _Aquarium Plants_, among its speakers at its 30th Annual Convention. It's the longest running consecutive general tropical fish convention in the country and one of the most fun to attend.

March 18-20, 2005
Marriott Hotel, Farmington, CT