[APD] Brush Algae

Hi

I have been "following" the Tom Barr method, and it seems people are
always asking about the same type of algae blue green, hair.
For the last couple of months I have been changing 50% of the water
every week and following a fertilization schedule. The problem is i
haven't been able to get rid of the brush algae.

Every week i dose iron, KSO4, MgSO4 and have a little piece of coral
to raise the carbonate hardness and to provide calcium. I was dosing
KNO3 and KH2PO4 but since i have a lot of fish my nitrate levels were
getting pretty high, so I stopped dosing both.
My current light level is 4 grolux 20W I couldn't get them of 30w and
two common 30w fluorescent.
My PH=6.8 and KH=6 so i have around 28ppm of co2 at the beggining of
the photoperiod, recently i increased the level of co2 a little, the
fish didnŽt seem to notice.

I have javafern, Echinodorum Major, Cryptocoryne undulata, Vallisnera,
and a small sagitaria subulata, cambomba caroliniana ( the only plant growing
fast), and two plants that once upon a time used to grow like weeds
Hygrophila corymbosa and ceratopteris thalictroides, now the
ceraptopteris only likes to grow floating, and i have trouble trying
to  grow it submersed. Everything grows slow, gets covered in the long
run  by  this algae and is driving me mad. I was getting a nice carpet
with  the  sagitaria, now the older leaves are covered with this black
stuff, and stopped growing.

What am i doing wrong? this algae wonŽt go away. do i have to become
mister clean and prune every leaf covered in this stuff, wash my
filters, etc, until i get bored.

Diego