Re: [APD] Adding Carbonates

Eventually, all of it except for the small amount that the
plants convert to tissue, which is why you have to keep
adding CO2 to maintain levels above just a few ppm.
Consider, if you measure your plants after drying them out
they weight won't be anywhere near the 5 or 10 pounds of
CO2 that you've put into the water over some given period,
not even if you kept all the pruning and trimmings.

In a way, it's a very ineefeicient system, but CO2 is so
cheap, and we're taling about relatively small quanities of
it, compared to other uses, it matters litle.

Scott H.

http://fins.actwin.com/aquatic-plants/month.9505/msg00218.html