Re: [APD] Ozone Resistant Tubing

You can use ordinary vinyl airline tubing -- it is
perfectly safe and lasts about as long with CO2 as when
used with an air pump. It eventually hardens with age. It
is probably slightly more gas permeable than some of the
other more expensive tubing you can by. Being ozone
resistant or CO2 or carbonic acide resistant doesn't
necessarily mean that the tubing will be less permeable.
This probably only matters on very long runs of tubing and
in areas where the cost of CO2 is extraordianrily high.

In general, use what you have got or can get your hands on.
I've tried diff tubing materials and the CO2 tanks last the
same regardless -- The lengths involve in my setups are
rarely more than about ten feet or so.

hope that helps,
Scott H.

--- NYCMags <heavensabvus1 at yahoo_com> wrote:

> I managed to get my hands on 8 feet of Coralife Ozone
> Resistant Tubing.  From the package:
>
> Heavy Duty
> Flexible - will not crack or harden
> Long life
> Durable, reliable and ideally suited for use with the
> following products:  Electronic ozonizers, super
> skimmers, limewood airstones.
>
> The tubing is made of black neoprene.  Can I safely
> assume that this would also be ok for co2?
>
> Valerie

=====
The biggest AGA Convention was an outstanding success. Two presentations by Jan Bastmeijer, two by Amano (one of which, Ben Bolton found to be a ribtickler). . .Walstad, Senske, Olvier Knott from Germany, Krombholtz. This was the most broadly international convention so far . . . People came from the USA, England, Italy, Poland, Netherleands, Germany, Japan, Canada . . .