Re: [APD] RE: barley straw

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 00:56:15 -0500 (EST), Richard J. Sexton <richard at aquaria_net> wrote:

Somewhere between the h202 generated by barely straw and
that dumped in by well meanung aquarist I believe is a dosage
that will eradicate algae. And once it's gone, barring the intriduction
of any more algae there simply shouldn't be any in the
tank at all.

You do know that lots of types of algae is airborne? Personally, I'd rather avoid adding unneccesary toxic chemicals to my tank whereever possible, even when they don't seem to affect things at the low dose.
But then again technically KNO3 and KH2PO4 are toxic (at very high doses). And then fish could be construed as toxic, since they produce NH4...

--
Andrew McLeod
thefish at theabyssalplain_freeserve.co.uk

This email was scanned carefully before transmission to remove any content, information or relevance.