Re: [APD] Re: Filters

Testing is bad if you have high quality kits that are
sensitive in the ranges you're testing:  0.5-1.0ppm for
phosphate (ortho phosphate, not organic phosphate) and 5-10
ppm for nitrate.

Doing 50% water changes weekly will temper the effects of
many "sins" -- limits accumulation of a0rganics, over
dosing ferts (within reason). . .

Might help prevent excess production of ammonia but the
mostly cause of that is the use of those fert sticks you
mentioned.

If you follow Tom's advice, you can't go wrong.

Good luck, good fun,
Scott H.