RE: [APD] Campho phonic(sp) in tank

Rik

According to the Merck Index, Camphor is soluble in many solvents. One gram dissolves in: 800 ml water, 1 ml alcohol, 0.4 ml acetone, 1.5 ml oil of turpentine. It is soluble in: liquid ammonia. I have not listed all the chemicals due to the difficulty in obtaining for the homeowner.

Jerry Smith in Bloomingdale, NJ

From: aquatic-plants-bounces+srozell=mdsi_ca at actwin.com
[mailto:aquatic-plants-bounces+srozell=mdsi_ca at actwin.com]On Behalf Of
Rik Vandiver
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 9:25 AM
To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com
Subject: [APD] Campho phonic(sp) in tank

My :-( :-[ >:o nephew who is 24 put this cold sore medicine in my 30 gallon tank to kill my fish. I need to know how to get this oily crap out of the tank so that I can reuse it . I have bleached it along with using dish soap and it still has a camphor smell. Please no comments about how one of us should move out as this is my mother's house and she refuses to make him leave and I have no funds to do so :-(