[APD] Re: Why do folks search for ways to kill algae?

What Tom B. said.

The other thing that I've settled on is: "Grow what grows in your own tank." While it is always fun to take on a challenging plant, if you just want a green healthy tank without all the battles, grow what grows best in your particular tank. For example, Java Fern is supposed to be the easiest of plants to grow. Not in Austin tapwater it ain't. (At least not in the version I get.) I've learned to love h. difformis instead.

TW

Inundated with hoards of new baby Platies once I figured out that they -really- don't like elevated nitrates or temperatures.