RE: [APD] Compact Question

Thanks all of you for your comments. The bulb is a GE 15W, 775 Lumens,
10,000 hrs bulb life, 40,000 hrs adapter life.

It says on the box: "Do not use on emergency exit fixtures or lights on
dimming circuits, electric timers or photo cells."

I've seen approximately the same warning on other bulbs by various
manufacturers. To me a "timer" is just an automated "on/off" switch so why
the warning? Also when it says "not for emergency exits", that says to me
that they don't trust their bulb to work very well. :-))

Scotty