[APD] Re: CO2 tank question

Once I get the put the regulator with the tank, do I release the CO2 valve on the tank all the way and only use the JBJ regulator knob to adjust it? Or do I only release the tank valve a certain amount?

Also, do you recommend I use the solenoid to time with my lights or just leave it plugged in 24/7 so that it pumps CO2 continously? I used to use 2 2L DIY bottles on my 40 gallon long, so if I left the CO2 on all the time it would similar.

Looking forward to going pressurized...I used to have some good results with DIY when I first started but lately it hasn't been happening.

-Greg