[APD] Re: Aquatic-Plants Digest, Vol 14, Issue 38

>referring to your earlier posting on "trace metals and  o2 respiration in plants" can you tell us a
>little more about how very high o2 levels might have negative effects on aquatic plants?

>rgds,
>Detlef

O2 hurts the algae pretty much like it does the plants, both have mechanisms for deal with high O2 levels but these levels can be exceeded/harmful in some cases.
See "Photorespiration".
And Oxygenase activity in Rubisco.
My Dept Chair discovered this dual activity in Rubisco.

Regards,
Tom Barr