Re: [APD] Brown Alge bloom in tank

The clown loaches keep the common, ramshorn and trumpet snails in check. All of those snails came with the plants. I do plan on removing the apple snails to another tank with a higher PH and carbonate hardness. In the mean time the two clown loaches have no interest in them.
Thank you for the advise...

----- Original Message ----- From: "Anna R. Dunster" <azzacanth at livejournal_com>
To: "aquatic plants digest" <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>
Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2004 4:43 PM
Subject: Re: [APD] Brown Alge bloom in tank

Sorry I don't have any info on your algae bloom, but the clown loaches
and the apple snails together is just asking for trouble - especially
purple apple snails being rare, you don't want to lose them to a
fiesty loach. check out this link
http://www.applesnail.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3105

clown loaches will attack any mollusc, that is what they eat in the
wild. That's just how they are designed. I'd recommend finding a
loach-free tank for your purple brigs :)

~Anna