Re: [APD] ppm and mg/l

Detlef,

ppm of a substance only equals mg/L of a substance when the solvent is H2O. We know that 1 liter (L)
of water weighs exactly 1 kilogram (kg). Therefore, 1 miligram (mg) of anything in one liter of water equals
1 part per million (ppm) because a milligram is equal to a millionth of a kilogram (ppm=mg/L H2O).  So, 20 ppm CO2 does equal 20 mg/L CO2 in water.

Brian

Visit:
Brian's Planted Aquaria
http://userwww.service.emory.edu/~jrevenn