[APD] Re: treating change water

Keep in mind that most water treatment plants intentionally drive out most of the CO2 in the water in order to reduce corrosion in the pipe system. Our water comes out of the tap at pH 9.0, but if it sits for a day in an open container it will stabilize by itself at pH 7.6 as it takes on CO2 from the atmosphere. Our water is about average in terms of hardness and the commonly recommended CO2 bubble rate of one bubble per second per 40 gallons of tank water yields a final pH of about 7.0. Test your tapwater pH after it has been out of the tap for a while to get a true reading.

TW