Re: [APD] RE: peat moss / ph

it sounds like you may be confused somehow as to what my problem is.
My pH does not rise (at least that I have noticed).  It's just too
high to start with (from tap water)  It's fine for my more hardy fish
that I have already but is not the ideal for some of the more fragile
fish I want to get, like cardinal tetras.

I was intending to put some peat in the filter for the constant supply
as I am not really sure how to get peat into the substrate of an
already established tank (although I would consider that too if you
have any good suggestions).  I just wanted to know how important it
would be for my change water to be the same pH as the tank since I
don't want to shock my fishes badly with every water change.

Once again I want to thank you for your advice since it is actually
useful :)

~anna

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 20:40:22 -0700, "Steve Pushak"