[APD] Transparent worms

Hello Everyone,
                        I have searched the archives for transparent worms and I am not satisfied with my results so I thought I might pick your brains. I have a 20H in the kitchen with 2 large African clawed frogs. The substrate of this tank is pool filter sand. Whenever the sand is disturbed, a huge number of transparent worms get thrown up into the water column. Fortunately, it would seem that they are harmless. I have seen no ill effects to the frogs at all and certainly nothing I can attribute to the worms, but I still don't like them. I can't say the same for the minnowlike feeders sold around here as tuffies however. Anytime the worms get kicked up, the tuffies are quick to consume every single one before they settle back to the bottom. These worms are about the thickness of hair and I have not seen one yet more than 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch long. I use a 36in gravel tube on my python. When I do a water change in the frog tank, the gravel tube will draw the sand up about 16 - 18 inches before all the surrounding sand is in the tube and it starts to fall back. At this point, the tube has so many of these worms in it that I wonder if they actually account for some of the depth of substrate in this tank! I am wondering if anyone else has such an infestation and what exactly are these transparent worms anyway?
                                                                                     Thanks,  Mike