Re: [APD] Re:Re: Minimum Light Threshold..

In a larger tank other things besides jsut wpg enter into
it -- the lights spreads farther, plants are farther from
the light. . .

ONe test would be to put the same kind and size plant in
two diff tanks with light the same distance away -- and
then test that kind of setup for diff amounts of light
output. The plant doesn't know how big the tank is, does
it?

sh
--- "Anna R. Dunster" <azzacanth at livejournal_com> wrote:

> I think what rex is talking about is that the plant needs
> a certain
> number of watts, minimum no matter how big of a tank it
> is in. 7 watts
> is just not very much light. As far as the 'watts per
> gallon' rule,
> its not like the water takes and holds the light. The
> plant is a
> living thing that needs a certain amount of light to
> live. In a larger
> tank with the same wpg there are more watts and therefor
> more light.

=====
Still some time left to get the 65% discount hotel rate.

The Annual AGA Convention, 2004, November 12-14.
aquatic-gardeners.org & gwapa.org

Speakers, 3 Focus Groups in two sessions each, plus Field Trip, Banquet, auctions of equipment and plants from some of the best companies, gardeners & nurseries in the hobby.