Re: [APD] My iron additions -LONG-

Short answer. Don't rely on iron test kits. For the most part they don't work.

At 21:46 9/30/2004, you wrote:

--
Hi group
I have successfully revitalized my ailing 125 gal hi tech plant tank after it was on auto pilot for about 16 months (no money to spend and little time). This tank use to be a reef tank before we moved 4 yrs ago. The original planted tank at the old house was a low tech 60 gal set up. When we moved, I sold all of the reef stuff but kept the equipment and moved up from a 60 gal planted tank to a 125 gal planted tank.

Bunch of stuff snipped.

Is it possible that the UV light is putting some energy into the trace elements and turning them into a less available form of trace element? I am a little hesitant at shutting off my UV light. The clown loaches and amano shrimp have been with me for at least 6 years and 4 of those years with UV sterilizer.

I welcome your comments.
---
Wayne Martin
wamartin at sympatico_ca