Re: [APD] Re: Chemists: Aluminum and the Freshwater Aquarium?

A power (hang on) filter filter can work instead of
drilling the tank. Set the Iceprobe into that and the
filter pump will recirculate the water.

I think you'll find that peltier devices generally will
cost more to purchase and more to operate than conventional
(compressor) types of chillers. The only rub is if you want
a very small chiller. The main advantage of peltier devices
is that that can be had in very small packages -- small
enough to cool PC CPUs.

The radiator leaking over the electricals shouldn't be a
big deal, at least as far as sparks go -- the GFCI should
trip immediately ;-)

sh
--- Tom Wood <tomwood2 at flash_net> wrote:

> Thanks Bill, long term exposure was my concern since the
> radiator will be
> right over my main electrical distribution center to the
> tank. A leak would
> be more entertaining than I want.
>
> Russell - I looked at the Iceprobe but for my setup it
> requires drilling the
> tank. I also looked at the Peltier (Thermo-electric)
> industry in general and
> there are a lot of products out there that could be
> adapted. I still prefer
> the radiator setup since it requires less electricity to
> run it.
>
> TW

=====
Still some time left to get the 65% discount hotel rate.

The Annual AGA Convention, 2004, November 12-14.
aquatic-gardeners.org & gwapa.org

Speakers, 3 Focus Groups in two sessions each, plus Field Trip, Banquet, auctions of equipment and plants from some of the best companies, gardeners & nurseries in the hobby.