Re: [APD] how to make the periodic 25% water changes in a tank with co2injection

Amro,

Often the water coming out of a tap has a lower pH than water which has been standing for a while, due to aeration. So there may not be as great a difference as you think. But more importantly, changing 25% of the water just won't make that much of a difference. I change about 75% of my water weekly with a *huge* short term change in water parameters - my tap water is GH=KH=1, pH about 7.2. I add CaCO3 and MgSO4 as powder to the tank after refilling the 72 gallon whole tank, and within a couple hours the tank restabilizes at KH=GH=5, pH=6.8. The only time I lost fish do the same sort of thing.

hth,

Rachel