Re: [APD] Re: Avoiding fleas

 Some contain types of organophosphate insecticides, such
as phenothrin, which are suggested to cause seizures in some cats.
phenothrin is a pyrethroid compound not an organophosphate, it it has a very low mammalian toxicity but has severe effects on insects.
I'm not saying it cant cause seizures in cats as its a mammalian neuropoisoin in very high doses (I would not feed a cat this stuff!).
It is a compound that's best not used near fish (i.e. Rainbow Trout kill LC50 96 hours at 0.018 mg/L).
I'll probably get shot down in flames for this but some of the specific organophosphates may be the best thng to use near fish.

- disclaimer - consult professional advice before drinking this stuff