[APD] Re: Best glass for replacement lid

On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 22:05:49 -0400, Bill Wichers <billw at waveform_net> wrote:

Chances are plate glass will be fine for your application. Almost all tanks are made of it, and the only use of tempered glass I am aware of in a mass-produced tank is the bottom of All Glass's 75 gallon tank -- and even there I think it is an option.

-Bill

I thought all small tanks used tempered glass? I have a 6g that I think has 4mm glass, and larger (though not large) 24" and 36" tanks with 6mm glass. Isn't that tempered, or am I confused??

--
Andrew McLeod
thefish at theabyssalplain_freeserve.co.uk

This email was scanned carefully before transmission to remove any content, information or relevance.