[APD] use a fan on my Compact Fluorescent?

Hi,

I use a coralife Compact Fluorescent 2x 65 watt light. I'm finally
going to follow Tom Barr's advice and only use 65 watts for my 21
gallon tank instead of the full 130 watts. I was just wondering if i
have to use the fans on the light then. I've noticed that coralife's
65 watt, single bulb unit doesn't come with a fan, so i was wondering
if using the fans was needed.

I know the cooler the ballast runs, the brighter and longer the light
lasts. But i'm wondering if there is an operating temp, meaning is it
always brighter and longer the cooler it runs? or is there a certain
temp where the advantages stop.

I want my lights to be at the optimum, but i do enjoy silence.

thanks
Byron