[APD] Best glass for replacement lid

I'm pretty sure this has been discussed before, but darned if I can find it
in the archives.

I have a 6-foot long 125-gallon All-Glass aquarium purchased back in '91.
Over time the lid has become very fogged and etched. This is the old-style
without a center brace, and All-Glass no longer sells replacement lids. I'm
therefore looking to have a glass shop cut replacements for me.

What would be the best kind of glass to ask for? I'm looking for something
reasonably priced, but with good transparency, especially since I only have
100W of NO fluorescents on the tank.

Thanks in advance for the help!
- Jim