From: aquatic-plants-bounces+kettles=videotron_ca at actwin.com
[mailto:aquatic-plants-bounces+kettles=videotron_ca at actwin.com] On Behalf Of
Matt Staroscik
Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 2004 2:13 AM
To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com
Subject: [APD] Moonlights again: cold cathode

This weekend I added a "moonlight" to my 90 gal by modifying one of my
power compact fixtures to contain a computer case lighting element.

http://wrongcrowd.com/gallery/aquaria/ccfl_tank
http://wrongcrowd.com/gallery/aquaria/ccfl_fixture

The part I used was basically like this:

http://www.svc.com/12dccfl-red-22.html

Except I was impatient, bought it at retail, and paid too much. :)

It is working fine, and provides much better light than LEDs--it was
cheaper and easier, too. The only question is how well the new light's
inverter will handle the high temperature inside the lighting fixture... it
looks great now, but in 6 months it may croak for all I know.

- MS