[APD] Re: PETP, I surrender myself to you!

Hi Diane--

Thanks for your reply. I'm puzzled, too. As far as
plant disease goes, I guess it's possible. The fish
are doing great in there-- my B. sidthimunki had been
ailing a lot in another tank over the last couple of
months, but he's made a 360 and is everywhere in the
nano.

I don't have CO2, though-- I dose with Excel, and I
got pretty lazy over the last couple of weeks. I'm
totally guessing, here, but I think that I got
carbon-limited enough and possibly even N-limited
enough that it just eroded. I dunno. Now that I've
yanked off all but a few of the least-horrible leaves
(rhizome, roots have stayed healthy), I see teeny new
ones coming up that are green, so I'm crossing my
fingers. It's about time to dose ferts again, and I'm
going to run a full water test to figure out where I
am where N and Fe are concerned.

Anybody know what macro would cause total decay over
the course of a few weeks in a system such as this?

Thanks,
Erin in Greensboro