[APD] Re: Natural light - SkyLight

Roger,

Thanks, I'm actualy in Johanessburg, South Africa. Did live in the UK for
3 years thow. I looked at our weater buro and and the average Sunshine
hours per day is between 8 and 10 hours per day, through out the year.
Since its a summer rainfall area we actualy have more sunshine hours in
winter than in summer but not quite as string. (Summer is Nov - Jan)

Here's the table with the average sun shine:

Jan | Feb | Mar | Apr | May | Jun | Jul | Aug | Sep | Oct | Nov | Dec
8    |  8    |  8    |  8    |   9     |  9   |  9  | 10  |  10   |   9   |
8   |  8
Based on readings for 18 years at 26°14' S, 28°09' E, altitude 1665 m/5463
ft.

I'ml defenatly strongly considering using skylights for the bulk of the
lighting.
I'll be using metal Halides for the artificail lighting, so I should be able
space them so that they  block very little of the natural light.

The monthly running costs is quite a big concern for me in deciding wether
to go for a very large tank or not and lighting whould have been the
greatest
expense.

How much eveporation do you have from your tank per day ?