[APD] Amano's Trimming Method (readable version)

Hi,

Sorry about the last post... not enough sleep last night... Here's the
same post but more readable...

Whenever my stem plants grow too long, i've always taken them out, cut
and replanted the tops, and unless i want to thicken it up, throw away
the bottoms. The advantages are that the aquarium always looks
somewhat presentable. The disadvantage is that the plants always end
up being position differently and the aquascape changes because of
that, especially if u have to move wood and rocks around to replant
the
plants..

Well, I was lucky enough to get my hands on an Aquajournal, and based
on a set of sequential pics and a rough translation, it seems Amano's
method is to just trim the tops of the plants while their still in the
aquarium, throw them away, and just let the bottoms regrow. The
benifits i see of this process is that u preserve the positioning in
the aquascape, but i'm thinking the aquarium must look like crap until
the plants grow back again.

Just wondering what u guys do about trimming, and what u guys think.

Byron